Monday 25 October 2010

feeling guilty, almost 9 months since my last post

There has been a lot happening since my last post in January.

Aunty June lost her short and emotional battle with cancer. The dinner dance was to be the last time we saw each other. She passed on St. Valantines day 2010.

While this event was increadibly distressing and an awful shame, there were good things that came of it. Aunty June was always one to extol the virtues of a close family, expressing her regret that the family had drifted apart somewhat recently. It was with the realisation of the importance of our time that the various branches of the family are once again spending mroe time together and making much more frequent contact.

Early in the spring I was lucky enough to have several days off together where there was no other engagements so Gemma and I drove up to see her grandparents in Gosforth, Cumbria and my Grandma in Wark-on-Tweed, Northumbria. It was great spend some time with them and in the areas we spent much of my youths.

Some scenery in Whitehaven, Cumbria.



 After Diving north to the borders of Scotland, we visited my grandparents church, where my fatrher was married, and my grandpa burried.
 my grandpa's headstone which reads "here lies gordon gorrie, of this parish". Understated, like my grandpa, i found it quite difficult to deal with this, as he was such a powerful person to me, and achieved so muich in life, such as refusing an OBE and war medals, a true gentleman. Missed greatly
 The Town (and republic) of Berwick-on-Tweed.
 Gemma bored while i get my caffeine fix!
 A selection of pictures of interesting aspects from around the town, including the three bridges across the river Tweed.




 This is Carham castle, near my Grandma's house, there is also an AMAZING butcher in the same village :-)


 Gemma and my Grandma in the kitchen
During the summer, i joined my cousin Ian at one of his track days on his motorbikes as his mechanic and cook! We had a great night (despite a leaky tent) and Ian enjoyed a good days racing until an accident in the penultimate session when someone rode into the back of his bike in a corner.

 Ians two Yamaha R6's. the yellow one is an ex superstock race bike. exceedingly fast

No comments:

Post a Comment